Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello, Baby!

Kevin and I are expecting another child!

I have an ultrasound picture but I'm tired (that's definitely part of being pregnant) so I'm not going to post it right now.

I'll confess that this pregancy was a surprise on a number of levels.  First, I got pregnant in September when I was a month shy of being 42 years old.  Kevin and I have been blessed with 12 pregnancies during our marriage, so we obviously conceive easily.  We've had 7 live births, 4 miscarriages, and I'm carrying little #12 right now.

BUT, 42!  I mean really, at 42 you would THINK that I wouldn't get pregnant this quickly.  Or at least I thought.  Our little Sarah was only 9 months at the time!  But life, and the Lord, are full of surprises.

Surprise #2 was that I didn't miscarry.  Pregnancy hasn't been easy the last few years, and I've not carried 2 babies to term in a row since our 5th child was born.  In fact, I had lost 4 out of 6 pregnancies to miscarriage.  So when I got pregnant, I was concerned that I would lose the baby.

But here I am, at 13 and a half weeks, and so far Baby and I are doing great.  Now there is a long way to go, but I've always had first trimester miscarriages so I am feeling hopeful.

I had an ultrasound last week and the baby was very active and looking good. 

It has been a hard first trimester. All my first trimesters have been hard, but as I get older they've gotten harder.  But a baby is a great reason to feel sick.

I relish your prayers that this pregnancy will go well and that Little One will be born healthy, and at just the right time. He or she is due May 31st, 2012.

1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

God is blessing your family, Laraba! I wish you and baby strength and good health.

If you were closer I'd send you a meal, so for what it's worth, here's a virtual meal.

((hugs))

Annie Kate
http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/