Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I'm going in 2ce a week now so the updates are coming fast and furious!

Yesterday was another good appointment. The baby is way down but I'm not dilating at all. The non stress test looked good, my weight held steady for another few days, and my blood pressure was excellent.

I'm feeling very hopeful we'll make at least 38 weeks and maybe even 39!  Part of me just wants to HAVE THIS KID, but I have been reading up a bit on "preterm birth" and even 37 weeks is a little preterm.  Babies born that early have a higher chance of lung maturity issues, and it makes sense too that the baby would be sleepier and have a harder time nursing.  My babies have always been super sleepy anyway!  So I keep praying for another week and a half at least, and it looks like we may make it.

Since I've had 4 prior C-sections, I really should not go into hard labor becuase of the risk of uterine rupture.  So my OB keeps saying to me, "Don't ignore anything."  It is a little hard because I do have contractions and even sometimes have them close together, but none have been really painful. I pray the Lord will make it clear if I do start labor soon.  I never have had an early labor... the earliest was Sarah at 38 weeks exactly and I was at an OB appointment when the contractions started. God surely had good timing on that whole experience.

No comments: