Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sweet Interaction with Sarah

  I was gone a lot this week. I worked more than usual, and had a few appointments.  Thursday evening, I left to take Naomi to an appointment at around 4:30 p.m. and got back at 6:30 p.m.

  When I put Sarah, our 4 year old, to bed that night she asked, "Mom, are you going away tonight?"
  "No, honey," I said, "I'm just going downstairs to spend time with Daddy."
   "Ok," she said, with quivering lip.  And then she started crying.
   "What's wrong, sweetheart?"  I asked, "Did something bad happen?"
    "No, I just MISSED you," she sobbed.

   So, while I'm not happy she was unhappy, it was encouraging that yes, this girl loves me and wants me around.  She's been in a PHASE lately, which is normal for her age. She and Daniel have been fighting over toys.   It is tiring.

 But she loves me, and I love her.  So we're good.

No comments: