Thursday, April 14, 2016

Rose is almost 2...

Our youngest will be 2 in a couple of months.

And I'm not pregnant.

This is the longest I've gone between pregnancies since Naomi was conceived.

And since I'm 46 years old, I'm almost certainly just not GONNA get pregnant again.

I am 98% thrilled with our 9 and no more.  Our nine children are fabulous and another one at my age would be challenging.

So yes, I'm glad to be "done".

BUT, we've been looking at baby pictures lately and oh, newborns. Their precious little bodies curling up with mine, well, it is like heaven on earth.

The whole "up at night dealing with a crying baby", not so fun. And I'm not a spring chicken anymore so yeah, sleeping all night is downright delightful.

It is really good to move into a new era of life.  Rose is a TON of work, but she can feed herself now.  She can drink out of a sippy cup. She has a delightful habit of conking out at around 8 p.m. and sleeping 11 hours or so.  And she takes a nap.

I know most families "decide" to stop having children.  We haven't decided, we just got old(er).

  It is a little bittersweet, but there are good things about this season, as our eldest becomes more independent (she'll soon have her driver's license!) and I am more vigorous and energetic without having frequent pregnancies wearing me out. Not that I regret ANY of my pregnancies -- even the miscarriages. Every child, every pregnancy, has been a blessing.  But I am ready for this new season.

No comments: