Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas

 All nine kids made it here and Kevin's mom was here as well. It was a lovely day.  It was way less work than I had even five years ago since I didn't have any tiny people running around wreaking adorable havoc.

I even read a whole book yesterday!



Our stockings.  A common joke is that a father is just as surprised as anyone else when the presents are opened on Christmas. That is NOT true in our house. Kevin does the majority of the shopping for presents, and he handles 95% of the stockings.  Isn't it pretty?




There was great joy!



Big girls had to eat in the living room.  I don't think they minded. But yes, 12 people don't really fit around our table!




My parents bought me this.  It is a sand sculpture thing. I love it.  Everyone loves it.









Lydia crocheted hats for almost everyone on the family. She is diligent and gifted with crocheting.





Cocoa in our sun room. Why is she perched at the very edge of the hot tub?  I don't know.


Our snowy driveway  It doesn't look that bad.  It was worse by the road.

So that was Christmas. Now that it is the 26th, I am ready to spend a week working on various projects. We actually have two more birthdays in the next week, and I also need to think about homeschooling this coming semester.  Also, I am working on an expanded edition of one of my books.

But in the middle of projects, I intend to enjoy this season with Kevin and the children.  And I will read a few fun books!











No comments: