Thursday, April 18, 2024

Mid April

 I love this time of year. So many flowering trees and newly budding plants and blossoms of all kinds. It is glorious.



This is our crabapple tree. It always flowers but this might be the most blossoms it has ever had. So lovely.

I like flowers and neat flower beds but I also hate gardening and digging in the dirt. Our flower beds look ok in spring and then as the summer wears on, and the weeds grow, it looks more and more wild.

One other thing I love about spring is that the chiggers aren't up and eating yet. In a few weeks I will have to start my two showers a day regimen, one when I get up and one when I go to bed. I am so ridiculously allergic to chigger bites that I need to try to wash them off before they can cause problems.

Anyway, yes, spring, gorgeous.

I finished my latest book yesterday! This is to say that I did what I need to do. Kevin still has a ton of work but my part is done. I wrote it, and I did a full second edit. Now it is in his corner. We are having an audio book made of it so that will push publication back into June. Which is fine.

I have ideas for my next book. I was going to have a character struck with polio in his 20's but apparently that would have been really unusual in the 1800s so I think I will just have him thrown from a horse and have a bad leg break.

I was thinking Franklin Delano Roosevelt had polio later in life but I looked it up and there is some thought he had something else happen to him. He was definitely stricken with something and was partially paralyzed for the rest of his life. Some people think it was Guillain Barre syndrome.

Anyway. I like this last book (the one I just finished) but it felt like it was really hard to get it done and I was writing slowly.

Well, I realized it has been less than 2 months since Ramsgate Rescue was published so I wrote it in about 2 months. That is not bad at all.

We have been busy with a lot of this and that but isn't everyone?

The kids are doing a lot because there are a lot of them. I want to be an attentive mother but also need to realize that the older ones are having to make their own choices and decisions and I can't fix stuff for them.

I am, in fact, not in control. Truth is, I never was. It is good for me to remind myself of that. I need to trust God with them, and pray for wisdom and health and direction for them.

No comments: