It is inkling towards the end of September, which means it is getting cooler at night. Our pool is still open and techniquely swimmable, but I am a wimp and don't like cold water. I might jump in tomorrow but if so, that will be that for the year.
I made bread today. I cannot eat bread; first becuase it is high carb, and second because wheat is high fructan and my digestive system does not like high fructans. But I like the way it looks, and smells, and live variously through my family eating the bread.
One of the interesting things about having nine kids is every one is different and every one has different interests. Rose is my cooking and baking and candy enthusiast. She likes to watch shows about making cakes and candy, and every time we go to the library, she checks out a bunch of cook books.
An orange!
Rose also likes playing with our giant magnets.
Petey is still a big hit. Kevin found some videos about training your pigeon to like you, and we have been teaching him to eat out of our hands. He is doing so with alacrity.
Yesterday we had a bird escape, though, and he is a bit more nervous today. Kevin was feeding him, and had the door to the cage wider open than usual. Petey ate away happily, and then got bored (apparently) and flew off! That was a surprise :-). We moved his cage into the sun room while he perched on the mantle, and then encouraged him to fly out into the sun room. I had to follow him around and he did not like that, so he is a bit more anxious today about people in general, and hands in particular, than a couple of days ago.
Pigeons apparently get nervous about hands, which are grabby and also maybe look like claws?
Rose drew a waistcoat, hat, and monocle on a picture of Petey.
Sarah is definitely a "science girl" and I realized that since she may end up going to college for engineering and/or science, we need to push a little faster with math. 22 years into this homeschool thing, I have concluded that most people don't really need to learn trigonometry and calculus. But if she is gonna be an engineer, she needs to have both of those and right now she is doing Algebra 1 and Geometry.
So we will work on that.
She definitely has a scientific mind. She reads books about science and often asks me complicated questions about chemistry and physics.
In writing news. I am getting near the end of a Christmas Book. It is early for that, but being done is nice. I am like five chapters away from being done, probably?






No comments:
Post a Comment