Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Pink Eye and Plushies

Sarah got pink eye and then it showed up in 7 more people. Yes, 8 Kendigs have pink eye.  My days are filled with eye drops in infected eyes.

Thankful for meds!

Yesterday I decided to do a massive cleaning bedding just in case pink eye germs were lurking.  I'm thankful for a big washing machine and dryer!


This was the laundry pile in our laundry room.  The pic doesn't do it justice. There were truly a LOT of blankets and sheets.

Then I decided that I should run all the plushies and stuffed animals through the dryer to kill any germs.


We have enough plush toys to fill a small country. Wow.

I mean, it is CRAZY.

So after tons of drying, I took all the plush toys downstairs and told the kids they could "only" have 10 plushies in their rooms. Each.

So Lydia, Miriam, and Angela have 30 plush toys which is way down from what they had before.  It is crazy.

The older boys are not plushie addicts, though Daniel is.

I'm still in awe at how many plushies were stuck behind beds and under beds and in beds and mixed in blankets. Wow.

In addition to pink eye, we've had a continuing irritating cold with rasping, icky coughs for Sarah and Daniel. I took Sarah in last week (when we identified pink eye) and her lungs are clear, it is just throat irritation.

A few minutes ago, Daniel drove his pedal car to the end of the driveway with me to fetch the mail. By the time we were back at the house, he was hacking away uncontrollably.  So they still can't be active because it sparks a bad coughing fit.

The little ones are SO impressed with my insistence that they avoid running around!

Oh well, this too shall pass.

We have too many plushies.

No comments: