Saturday, October 16, 2021

I Finished (My Part) of my Latest Book!

 Yesterday was a red letter day for me.  I finished final edits on my latest book!

This is the publishing process for my books:


1.  I write the chapters one by one on Microsoft Word.  Kevin edits each chapter and fixes problems. He is a great editor.

2.  We post them on a fanfiction site.  This is a free place for people to read Pride and Prejudice variations.  People comment and sometimes point out errors or questions about the story.

3.  I write fast, and I finish most books within 2 months or so.  When I am done with the book, I print it out on paper.

4.  I go through the entire book using paper and a good old fashioned red pen, except for when my red pens disappear, which has been known to happen; then I use another pen. But I prefer red because it stands out.

5.  I enter in all my changes into the document on Microsoft Word.

6.  We send the document to a friend whom we pay for another edit.

7. When she sends back her edits, Kevin incorporates all of her edits into the document.

8.  He adds important things like table of contents, and formats it, and a whole bunch of complex stuff for Amazon.

9. We publish.

So yesterday, I finished 5., which means I am DONE with my part except for maybe a few questions by our editor friend.

Kevin also does the book covers. He does everything except the original writing. Yeah for Kevin!!!!


So Brighton Rescue will be live on Amazon on October 28th.




No comments: