Thursday, December 1, 2022

Cocoa

 


I mentioned in a previous blog post that I was worried about our little cat Opal, who was afraid of neighbor dogs and our cats and was generally not a happy camper.  I asked Naomi and Lydia to take her in, which they kindly did. She has adjusted well to their apartment.

The youngest two kids were sad about Opal leaving, and Rose said at some point that she "wanted another kitten."  I said, airily, that she could pray about a kitten showing up if she wanted another kitten.

Seriously, why do I do this kind of thing to myself???  :-)


Meet Cocoa!  We get lots of strays that show up at our front door since we live out on the country and there are barn cats and feral cats and all like that. We provide food and we let the strays eat and if we can catch them, we get them fixed.

But Cocoa shows every sign of being someone's indoor pet. She is very affectionate and likes people a lot. She doesn't even mind other cats very much.

I took her to the vet yesterday and she has no microchip and is not fixed. They estimate she is between 6 and 12 months old.

That means she is old enough to get pregnant, which we don't want, so we have arranged to have her fixed in a couple of weeks.

So yes, she is a beautiful little cat and very sweet and I didn't really want another little cat but the kids did and God answered so ... yeah.

She is very sweet.


No comments: