Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Week of School

Yes, we are back in the saddle and starting up our homeschooling year!

It is early, I know.  We started August 1st.  Well, starting early gives us some wiggle room when we get sick or when we want to take trips.

I am a hyper organized person by inclination, but 7 children has changed that.  The last few years, I've started homeschooling with some feeling of disarray.

I would LIKE to be totally organized, with everything printed out well ahead of time, with a wonderful schedule set in stone.  Reality is, I know if I don't start when I'm disorganized, I'll never start.  I do feel stressed about the fluid parts of our schedule, but I'm forging ahead.  I'm working on not being a control freak. 

First week has gone quite well.  The next couple of days we are taking off as we have some friends coming over on Friday, and tomorrow we are cleaning.

More pictures and comments later about the Return of the Homeschooling!