Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday



I turned 42 a couple of days ago.  Kevin got me these flowers from Sam's Club for my birthday.

We joke about how cheap I am.  I have said more than once, "Please DO NOT buy me really expensive flowers from a flower shop."  I love the fact that Sam's flowers are reasonable and beautiful. Isn't this a lovely bouquet?

I had a splendid birthday. Kevin came home a few hours early so we could both rest before an exciting NIGHT ON THE TOWN.  Yes, our wonderful babysitter came and watched the kids so we could go out on a date.

We went out to eat at a barbecue place, went to a dollar store, roamed the mall and found that Chick-Fil-A sells lemonade sweetened with Spenda (yummy!), and then went to Kohl's. So, a lot of shopping, obviously.  We usually do go shopping on our dates though rarely buy much.

I have been a bit under the weather the last week but was feeling well that evening, which was great.

I always like looking back on my birthday. What I thought about this year was my 30th birthday.  Kevin and I had just moved down to Ohio. I was 7 months pregnant with our first child.  My big job was getting the house unpacked and I seem to remember feeling moderately busy.

Now, of course, I am mother to 7 children and homeschooling 4 or 5 of them (depending on if we count Miriam.)  Life is SO much more complicated and busy than it was back when I was 30.  But it is ... splendid.  Blessed. 

God is good.

No comments: