Friday, December 16, 2011

Busy Week

We tend to live quiet lives.  I don't have the personality to be dashing around much. Some moms do, and I think that is wonderful.  There are so many opportunities to do exciting things in life.

But as I said, I just can't do it.  Right now I am pregnant and have a baby who needs an afternoon nap.  So we can go somewhere in the morning but I prefer to be home in the afternoon. And if we are gone in the morning, we don't get normal school in.

And in the evening, I'm tired.  And I don't like driving around in the dark.  So I prefer to be home in the evenings.

Ok, this week was a bit crazy.  Our girls started learning how to play the piano earlier this year, and Tuesday was their first recital!  And Monday was the rehearsal. So I drove them half an hour both ways on Monday and Tuesday nights as part of the piano recital.  It was a great success and we thoroughly enjoyed our girls' opportunity to play in front of a crowd, and the opportunity of listening to many other pianists and vocalists.

Kevin had a very important presentation at work today so he had longer days than usual at work and even brought some work home.  Last night, he worked while I ran off to Kroger to get a prescription and buy some groceries, which meant I was out THREE WHOLE EVENINGS this week.

I  know that sounds wimpy to some of you, but to me this is a big deal!

Today I took Isaac and Sarah to the opthalmologist.  The news was good.  Isaac's bad eye is close to 20/40 both near and far WITH his glasses on.  He is going to start patching 6 hours a day instead of 8. That will make it somewhat easier for me to carve out time for some other eye exercises and work.

Sarah is doing well.  She is very farsighted but the glasses are correcting her vision.  She is seeing well and responding well to visual stimuli. We'll need to stay on top of her vision issues but so far, so good.

Yesterday was the last school day of the calendar year.  I am looking forward to a 2 week break from school and the children are as well.  They have made good progress since August 1st. I think I'll continue to do a little phonics work with Joseph, but mostly we'll just enjoy Christmas family time.

No comments: