Thursday, January 17, 2013

Keep Forgetting my Camera...

at our monthly PEACH Skate. Our homeschooling group organizes a monthly skating time at a local skating rink. We've gone the last 2 months, and did so today. Again, it was great fun. Our older 6 all can locomote with skates on, though Miriam and Angela move slowly. Toddler Sarah likes taking off shoes and socks and running around on the skating rink. Amazingly, all those big kids watch carefully and no one has run her over. I didn't know any of the families skating today, but struck up a conversation with a fellow mom and had a lovely time chatting. I came home worn out and with a pretty bad headache. Kevin took the day off from work as he was feeling super tired, and I feel pretty tired too. I HOPE we don't have another illness. I think maybe it is just straight forward fatigue on my part, anyway. Daniel was waking up every night at 4 a.m. for almost a week. I think he was still catching up with food after being sick with something intestinal. Anyway, last night he slept through from 10:30 p.m. to 6:45 a.m. Hooray! I am very thankful that our homeschooling group arranges activities like skating. I rarely participate as going anywhere with 8 kids tends to wear me out. But this monthly skating event IS a blessing. Perhaps as the children get older, we'll be able to participate more in field trips and the like.

No comments: