Monday, June 3, 2013

Chocolate Delight


  Our local Trader Joe's carries this Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds from Belgium.

  It is more than a pound.  And given that, not very expensive (I think a little under $6/bar?)

I've been a dark chocolate afficianado for a long time.  It seems to work well with my blood sugar though I've had to be a bit cautious, as usual, so I don't go high.

  Well this stuff...this stuff is heaven.  It tastes amazing.  Amazing.  AND, for reasons I just DO not understand, my blood sugar is great, pretty much no matter how much I eat of it.  I kid you not.  It has sugar in it...so why am I doing so well?  I am guessing the nuts and fat slow down the absorption to the point that my body can process it without having a sugar high?

  At any rate, you can appreciate that I have a bit of struggle when I open up a bar.  No one should eat an entire pound of chocolate in one day, but I admit to being tempted :-).  It is SO SO SO good.  Oh, so good.  And it is hard to stop nibbling a square off here, and another square off there.  Or 2 squares here, 4 squares 15 minutes later :-).

  Fortunately, TJ is a long way from our house so I don't get over there often.  We bought 3 bars of this stuff 9 days ago and I'm on the 3rd bar already.

 Yum, yum, yum, YUM!

No comments: