Tuesday, August 27, 2013

50th Anniversary Celebration for My Parents


Yes, on August 23rd, 1963, my parents were married!

They were young things, only 20 years of age at the time.  It is such a pleasure, a delight, an inspiration to see them in love and happy together 50 years later.

Naomi, Lydia, Daniel and I drove north to their home on Saturday morning.  The afternoon was filled with friends from decades ago.  The man who introduced my parents to one another was there.  I remember him from my childhood.  It was a lot of fun seeing him and his wife.  I also ran into some contemporaries of mine from my teen years.  Again, it was tremendous to catch up with them and talk about all that has happened in our lives.  My big claim to fame was, of course, 8 children!!

I have 2 brothers, and both were there.  The younger is an extraordinary balloon artist, a professional. He entertained the children most royally.  The older of my brothers (who is 4 years younger than me) is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his first child in December.  My sister-in-law looked wonderful.  She is 5 months along and amazingly energetic :-).

Here are a few random pictures, in no particular order.



Lydia and Daniel, obviously.  Naomi took all the pictures I have, which means she isn't in any of them. But she did a great job taking pictures.


There goes Daniel, and that's me (in the dress) in hot pursuit.  There is a stream that winds its way behind my parents' property, and Daniel really was excited about falling in.  I didn't let him, and it required quite a bit of focus to make sure he didn't!


Sonic the Hedgehog balloon...


Yep, he's a charmer!

No comments: