Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Parents' Visit

My parents blessed us with a whirlwind visit on Friday and Saturday. They live in Michigan with 3 cats, one of whom is super old (like 21 years old!) and who can't be left for long. So they were here about 24 hours. But we crammed in lots of visiting.


Nana with the toddlers


My father spent a lot of time playing "ball" with Angela. Sometimes big balls, sometimes small balls -- whatever kind of ball, she loved it!

My dad used to an awesome chess player, and is still pretty good. He played Isaac and Miriam and said they are both very good for their age.


 We made a "flying" trip to the local Air Force Museum.  I found it a lot more enjoyable than usual as there were 4 adults for 8 kids. So much more relaxing than when I am watching all 8 alone, though our 2 big girls help a lot when I'm going somewhere with the brood.


  This turned out very poorly, but the second award from the left is the one Kevin received when he saved a coworker's life earlier this year -- the Civilian Command Award for Valor.  I enjoyed seeing a whole panel with all the awards that are possibilities for military and civilians.


  We spent most of our time in the Early Flight section of the museum, which was a pleasant completion to an Early Flight unit I did a few weeks ago.  We live near the birthplace of aviation, which is interesting and fun.

1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

What fun to have the grandparents come! My father-in-law spends all the time playing games with the kids, too.

Your museum trip looks amazing. Space flight and all! Our kids are reading Chris Hadfield's new book. I've gotten half way through it so far, and would recommend it. It's inspiring and suitable for anyone who can read it; Miss 11 cannot yet get through such thick books, but Miss 13 is loving it.