Thursday, March 6, 2014

Our Week

  I decided to have a "light" week of school.  The children are reading and doing experiments and putting puzzles together, and I am catching up grading and organizing. I meant to take a picture of ALL the paperwork that needed filing, but I didn't.  It was just too terrifying to record for all eternity.  MOST of it is put away now.

 

Ocean puzzle.

Miriam, with some help from her sibs, has been working through an electric circuit kit we have.  The kit has numerous diagrams for making various circuits.  One is a radio, one is a little fan, another just turns on a light.  To my astonishment, Miriam has put these circuits together with no help from me at all.  She definitely is one of our science/math kids.


This picture is notable.  Not because Daniel looks so CUTE reading a book -- he is always cute.  No, it is remarkable because he is SITTING STILL.

 
 
 
This is more typical of Daniel.  We have this rocking horse in our sun room, and he's figured out how to climb on and off of it himself.  That's awesome. It shows how much of a climber he is, though!  I don't think any of my toddlers have SO desired to scale the heights, and it makes it difficult to keep him safe.  We have to keep close track of him, which isn't easy with 7 older kids racing around and leaving doors open and hauling him here and there.  I pray often for his safety.
 
  Of course, we adore him through the roof. He is a great kid, but not very...wise.  Or sensible.
 
 
One charming development is that Daniel is getting super bonded to Kevin. He is very bonded to me too, but he LOVES his daddy (and his daddy's shoes!)  A couple of days ago, I got him out of bed and his first words were, "See Daddy!"  I love it.


No comments: