Saturday, September 6, 2014

Rose


 Rose is closing in on 3 months now. She is more awake during the day (though still has many naps), and usually sleeps fairly well at night. By "fairly well" I mean that she'll fall asleep between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., and wakes up once around 4 a.m. to eat.  My other kids were usually sleeping right through the night at this point, but I'm still quite content with the status quo. She actually slept right through for a couple of days, but now is not. It may be that my milk supply in the evening is not quite what it should be, so she's not getting quite enough milk to get through the night.

She smiles at us a lot.  She is generally happy, though evenings are often her fussy time.  I'm just thankful that her fussy time is earlier in the evening than it used to be.  I find it hard when a baby is cranky at midnight...I am such a morning person that around midnight, I am desperate to get between my sheets.

She's doing great.

This will sound like a non sequiter but it is not...

One of my favorite homeschool authors is Diana Waring, who is a home school pioneer.

This week, tragically, Diana's baby grandson died.  He was born full term but suffered from a medical crisis during labor. He was without oxygen for 10 minutes and while he lived for more than a week after his birth, the damage was too great.  He slipped away, into the arms of Jesus, a few days ago.

I have been pretty freaked out about life sometimes -- I feel SO very busy.  I sometimes despair of caring for everyone as well as I want to .

But reality is, everything is going very well all in all.  We have 9 healthy children.  I am super thankful for that.

May the Lord bring comfort and blessing to the Waring family.






1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

Oh, I had not heard that about Diana Waring's grandchild. It's so sad, but you are correct to point out that we should be grateful for all God has given us and not complain or be overwhelmed.

Your little one is growing so quickly!