Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sick


Actually, the baby isn't sick.  But she is cute!  I'd rather put a picture of her there, looking cute, then a picture of me, looking sick.

 Because yes, I am sick.  And definitely so are Kevin, and Miriam, Isaac, Joseph, and Daniel.  Naomi has an aching back and Lydia has some symptoms as well.

  I'm feeling quite morose about it.  It is some kind of virus which involves fatigue and stuffed up noses and coughs and aching bodies. I'm mostly just aching though several of the children have the other symptoms.  Poor Miriam is the worst and is coughing a bit.

  Back in my pre-child days, I would just rest and relax with a sickness like this.  If I could watch videos and read books and nap when I wanted to, I'd actually be pretty happy.  But since we have sick children, some of them small, Kevin and I are dealing with interrupted nights and general crankiness.

 I am reminding myself again that God doesn't promise life will be a bowl of roses. The kids are so worth any extra fatigue, of course.

  I'm also thankful that SO FAR, Rose isn't sick or at least not very sick.  I am still nursing her and those antibodies are probably helping.

No comments: