Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's the Little Things...

  A new grocery store opened up recently nearby, called Fresh Thyme.

 It's sort of an upscale, trendy, healthy food type of place.  We'll see how well it does in an urban area with a wide range of grocery stores already entrenched.

  We've gone several times and will likely come back because they carry THIS:

 

  Yes, unsweetened coconut milk yogurt.  Ah, the joy.  The delight.  The ecstasy.

   I used to love to eat normal milk yogurt and indeed, for several years I made yogurt regularly. But then I fell victim to a fairly common malady -- dairy stopped agreeing with me. Or I stopped agreeing with it.  Anyway, I avoid all dairy quite determinedly now because it is not work the intestinal upheaval.

  Our local Kroger carries sweetened coconut yogurt (at rather vast expense) but not unsweetened. And sweetened is way too high in carbs for me to eat safely.

  So ... this stuff is the best.  I can throw in a little stevia and some frozen blueberries and voila, a snack fit for a queen.

  My diet is fairly limited thanks to diabetes and dairy issues, so I'm always happy to find something I can eat without compunction.  

3 comments:

whimsy2 said...

Olives have no carbs. Enjoy all kinds!

Sarah said...

I use the same brand, but the teal colored lid as it uses Stevia and I mix in a bit of defatted peanut butter flour to cover the very strong coconut taste.

Sarah said...

Oh another meal I enjoy is a piece of Angelic Bake house sprouted bread (the orange bag), 1 tbsp polaners all fruit (no added sugars), 3 pieces Canadian bacon or two turkey sausage links, and a Oikos Triple Zero yogurt (Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia, it's about $0.82 if you go to Sam's) and coffee with half and half and stevia. My blood sugars are great after eating this.