Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lydia Update


     Obviously, Lydia has moved from a full hand bandage and splint to a splint on the specific finger that was surgically corrected.

  She is off the powerful pain meds and is doing hourly stretches.

 I won't show you the picture of the finger without the splint. It doesn't bother me but some people might find it hard to look at.  There are still stitches and significant swelling.

  Tomorrow I take her to a hand therapist and they will REMOVE the stitches, and do some more exercises with her.

  So we are making steady progress. The finger is definitely WAY straighter than it was pre-surgery, which is great.

  Life continues to be extra challenging without Lydia at full strength.  I'm doing all the pots and pans, which she usually does. I don't leave her alone with all the kids, which means when I leave, Naomi has to be here (or Kevin, of course.)  Kevin's mom graciously took Naomi to get her allergy shot today as I couldn't make it work to take Naomi there myself.

  But Lydia is progressing and should be close to normal in a few weeks, though it'll be months before  she is 100% well.



No comments: