Saturday, February 27, 2016

Wacky Weather



      It is the end of February, and winter is edging towards its end.  It has been a strange winter.  Strange and mostly warm.  My memory of November and December has faded somewhat, but I know we didn't have substantial snow.  January was also quite warm.  A few weeks ago, we finally got enough snow for the kids to play in.


          And they enjoyed it.  And then within a week, the temperatures soared and the kids and I ran around outside with temperatures in the 60's.


         In a way, it seems surprising that spring is approaching as we didn't have much of a winter. But March is in a few days.  We are looking forward to pleasant temperatures and time to play outside.  I will say that in a way, winter is nice because I don't feel obligated to run the kids around much.  Also, when the weather is nice, the little ones want to be outside. That is a great thing, but it means I have to make sure they are SAFE outside.  I'm thankful for bigger children who can watch little children now.



No comments: