Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Cacophony of Coughing Plus a Natural Biohazard

So yeah, we're sick with a cold.  Ergh.  Now that in itself is annoying but not a big deal, but poor Joseph developed walking pneumonia and a sinus infection as well.  So he is a pretty sick young man. I finally took him to the doctor yesterday (I know, I should have gone earlier -- though to be fair, he had his first really bad day the day before yesterday) and now he is on gigantic antibiotics which he has to work hard to get down his raw throat.  And he has a powerful gag reflex,  poor kid.

Weather continues to be cold.  I know we are on the cusp of spring but you wouldn't know it except that the days are noticeably longer.

We had an adventure two nights ago.  I was in bed at around 11 p.m., just drifting off to sleep, when my not so powerful sense of smell detected a new and unpleasant aroma.

Skunk.

I was like, huh???

Kevin came up a while later and I pried my eyes open to ask, "Do I smell skunk?"

And the answer, unfortunately, was yes.  A skunk sprayed on our front porch, so close to the front door that the smell was wafting through the house.

Erggh.

Kevin has official training on containing biohazardous gases (as a work requirement) so he taped up our front door to keep the noxious fumes outside. As Kevin said, no doubt a cat was the primary target and we are just collateral damage.

No comments: