Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February Marches On

I think we are all a little tired of winter.  We have had a cold week with a little ice, a little snow.  Nothing too dramatic. But neither are we desirous of going outside and playing. It is rather nasty.

Having said all that, there are ways that winter is pleasant because we are "stuck on the house" and I feel less pressure to get out and do exciting things. Because doing exciting things with the Horde is no easy thing :-).

I am feeling burned out so this week we are taking a little time off of school.  We will not be idle, as there are some projects that need dealt with -- specifically, I will focus on the children's clothing and shoe needs for the upcoming spring and summer.  It is always a mixture of hilarity and irritation to go through the children's drawers, because inevitably the children manage to mix up clothing so that my clothes appear in Daniel's drawer, and that kind of thing.  So we'll get all the clothes back where they belong, remove clothing that is too small or too big and put it away in the basement, and figure out what must be purchased.

I love our local Once Upon a Child.  What a blessing it is for the younger children. The older 4 are all adult sized now.

Joseph is almost as tall as I am, and almost certainly not finished growing. And Isaac. Isaac!  I still chuckle a bit as I peer up at my much taller son.

Kevin and I went on an exciting trip to Home Depot yesterday to look at counter top materials. We are going to replace the aging and imperfect counter top in our main bathroom. Naturally it is a weird size so we'll have to custom order it.  Oh well.

And now, a couple of pictures.


Rose continues to be adorable and, at times, loopy. And dramatic.  And strong willed.


Lydia got her hair bleached. This is step one and I don't have a picture of step two, after she dyed it blue. It looks great.  I have decided to go crazy and get my hair bleached as well.  I haven't ever done such a thing.  Well, age 49 is a fine time to start. I won't go all blondish, I am just getting streaks.

It'll be fun!



No comments: