Friday, April 12, 2019

Random Thoughts

Kevin and I are going to St. Croix in the next few weeks, for the third year running.  It is part of the U. S. Virgin Islands and a delightful place.  We are excited!

Lydia had an interview for a summer child care position last week, and Naomi has an interview for a web design position next week.  It is shocking how grown up our children are, or at least the eldest 2.  Rose and Daniel and Sarah are still small, and the other 4 kids are young as well, though growing fast.

Speaking of growing fast, Angela has shot up to 5 ft. 2 inches tall. She is 11 years old.  Joseph is very close to 5 ft. 9 inches tall at 14 years of age.  Isaac, let's not even talk about Isaac. Ok, let's talk about Isaac. He is 6 ft. 2 inches tall and looms over his parents.

Miriam will apparently be our tiny girl. She is now 5 ft. even and may well not grow much more. Which is fine. Being small is great!

I had a random thought this week.  A long, long, long, long time ago, I took a difficult Nuclear Engineering class the first semester of graduate school.  My background was Materials Science so I was quite flummoxed.  The only reason I passed that class was because the teaching assistant was amazing.  So Deb, if I never thanked you before, I thank you now for saving me in that class.

If I had failed that course, it would have been quite devastating. I was having a hard enough time adjusting to graduate school.  I got an A. Again, thanks to Deb.

I keep praying for wisdom during this season.  So many kids doing so many things. Older kids growing up.  Younger kids needing discipline and love and guidance.

I went to the chiropractor this week. I don't like exercising, especially boring core exercises, but I really need to work on my core, which was messed up last year because of the hysterectomy. I keep having neck and back pain.  So I am determined to exercise somewhat regularly.  Again, I don't enjoy that kind of exercise. Walking is fun, but I need to work harder on my abdominal muscles and all like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I’m sure you thanked me many times. I’m glad to know it made a difference!

Miss you!
Deb