Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Feet

 Feet are important if you want to walk, which we do.


Angela has had a funny toe for at least a month, maybe more like two months. It was her big toe on her left foot and it was swollen and red around the nail.

Pediatrician gave her antibiotics, which didn't fix the issue.

So off we went to the podiatrist and he looked at it and said yes, infection and the toenail needs removed.  So he did, right on the spot!  (I was expecting to make another appointment, but it was lickety split right then!)

So Angela has had to soak her foot and do bandages and stuff.  It honestly still doesn't look great so yesterday I sent pictures of it to the podiatrist and haven't heard back yet.

And then there is me.  My left foot has been bothering me for a few weeks. I have self diagnosed plantar fascitis.  I have been icing it and just got new insoles for my shoes which are supposed to help.

I could, of course, go see the podiatrist but I don't want to.  I have enough appointments for the kids without actually going for MYSELF!!

Seriously, if I am not better in a week or so, I will go.  I am not getting worse. Indeed, I think I am a bit better after a few days of icing and resting and now I have these cool soles for my shoes so we will see.

Lots more is going on but right now, I wanted to talk about FEET!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I pray her toe is better soon. I smashed mine one summer between a boat and the dock and lost the nail. So many soaks and so much time to regrow. As for the plantar fascitis, I've had that, too....I have to be really careful to wear very supportive shoes (Keen and Asics are my go-to shoe brands).