Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Little Vacation


Kevin and I got away for a long weekend!  We went to an Air B and B about an hour from our home. It was a little cabin next to a pond.


When we went on Friday, there was no snow. Sunday morning, I woke up incredibly late...like, 10:30 a.m.!  And there was a ton of snow!

The 10:30 a.m. was extraordinary.  I haven't woken up that late in years.  But it was dark and very quiet and I just slept and slept and slept.  It was beautiful outside.


Kevin and me!  Kevin obviously balanced the camera on something to take this picture.  It was great spending one on one time with each other.


Steak and mushrooms.  One nice thing about our vacations is that Kevin usually does the cooking, and he is a great cook!  I am particularly fond of steak and mushrooms. Yum!  To the right is an elegant bowl of dark olives.  He also prepared peas for this dinner but a.) they are high carb and b.) I don't like canned peas!  So I got olives!

It was nice to get away, and nice to come home. The children did well at home.  I always stress out a little when we are gone though we have a 20 year old and 3 teens at home, and even Rose is pretty sensible nowadays.  

After a very mellow, warm January, we are finally getting some snow. It is snowy outside and then tomorrow morning we are supposed to get 4 to 6 more inches of snow, followed by a few hours of temps in the upper 30's, which means rain.  And then it will get cold again. Tomorrow is going to be a mess.  Isaac is supposed to go to a late lab class but we will see.

 

No comments: