Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Trip to Michigan

 Eight of us went to my parents' home in southwestern Michigan this weekend. My parents had a 60th wedding anniversary party. The weather was perfect and it was all a lot of fun.  My parents are 80 years old. You can do the advanced math and figure out they were 20 when they were married. A long and happy marriage is a blessing from God.






My parents have a nice back yard and the children helped a great deal by hauling tables and chairs outside. My back isn't great, and my parents are, frankly, old, so it was good we had young blood to help out with the lifting!

My brother Darrell, on the left, is a professional balloon master. Rosie suggested a contest between Darrell and my brother Jeff, who is not a balloon master. Jeff kindly engaged in a contest. Which was of course very funny because he doesn't know how to tie balloons.


Daniel with his octopus, and my father behind him


A crowd of relatives, with me in red hair. I recently got my hair dyed redder.  I like it!


The entire clan!  A bunch of relatives came to the party which was awesome. Lots of my parents' friends too. I got to catch up a lot with people.


Rose likes root beer.


The big boys did a lot of hauling and a lot of walking. They spent hours walking up and down the road my parents live on. It is a dead end and very quiet.


My mother is an amazing gardener. My brothers are also excellent gardeners. I missed that gene.


More peoples.


Sarah and a palm tree


Various grandchildren shucking corn. The little guy in green is the children's cousin.


My mother kindly gave away a bunch of her jewelry to the ladies of the family.


My two brothers.


Lydia and the children's only cousin on my side.  He is a little older than Rosie. It was great that the cousins could spend time with one another.


So yes, great trip. Kevin and Miriam and Naomi didn't go, and everyone else did. The minivan was jam packed. It was great seeing everyone and I am thankful for the party and the trip.








No comments: