Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Late September

 


I decided to take this week off from formal homeschooling. I am trying to finish my latest book and also want to get some decluttering and organizing done.

Yesterday, I came downstairs and Rose promptly bombarded me with questions about the International Date Line. Which is complicated. We looked it up and I understand it better than I did. Maybe she does too? I hope?

This morning at breakfast, Daniel and Rose were asking questions about eclipses. I pulled out the globe and used a lantern to explain solar and lunar eclipses.

At the end, Rose asked me, "So if you are on the moon, does the earth seem to have phases the same way the moon does?"

Like, um, that is a sophisticated question from a 9 year old!


Angela vegging with cats. She has a lot going on; her first college class, Freshman English, plus she is working 15 hours a week at Burger King. Sometimes you need some kitty time.


Our pool is sitting at 70 degrees, which is too cold for my blood. Oh wait, there was one day last week when I was dirty and hot (thanks, menopause!) and leaped in for a full ten seconds. Wow. I wasn't hot anymore. Anyway, Kevin will close it soon. In the meantime, sometimes the big boys swim to show they are REAL MEN. This is at night. 70 degrees in the pool, like 60 outside. Wow.


Moonbeam looks like a seal when he is sleeping.


I bought an A1c meter from Amazon. Pretty pricey but I find that frequent A1c checks help me to behave with my diet. 5.8 is pretty good. I did just up my metformin to 1500 mg a day so that helps. But I am also still sticking to a very moderate diet. My one guilty pleasure is chocolate, which isn't as bad as it could be. I love chocolate. Dark chocolate, to be exact, with almond mixed in. Yum.



No comments: