Thursday, October 12, 2023

Physical Issues

 My paternal grandmother, now gone, used to scold me about walking around campus with my backpack straps only over my right shoulder, with a very heavy load of books in said backpack.


She was, of course, right. I didn't know that at the time.


Then I had 9 children and carried babies and toddlers with my right arm.


Because I am silly.


So yes, now I am reaping what I sowed. I have chronic back and neck issues, though they are not at all debilitating. They are annoying.


I will be 54 this month and Kevin, who has been encouraging me for many years to work on my back and neck, bought me a fancy gaming chair.



It was expensive but it will be worth it if it helps and I think it will.

I spend a lot of time writing obviously. This chair is set up so that I can push my head against a pillow. This in turn keeps me straight.

My neck is currently kind of mad at me because I am forcing muscles to hold me in an unfamiliar position.

Because I have been slumping for decades at least a little.

In the long run, I am certain I will feel better.

I also have issues with ulnar nerves in both arms. This is the "funny bone" nerve and writers often have issues with it. I have been battling weird tingling feelings in my pinky and ring fingers and the part of my hands below those fingers. Classic ulnar nerve issues. 

I have a great chiropractor who told me all that. I am doing various things to help with that and my attempts are succeeding. I am doing better.

It is vaguely disturbing to be having issues in my 50's as I hope to have many years to live, but I can only go forward in life.

Oh, Kevin is also building me a new desk for our room. We are going to have a great setup which will allow me to work with proper posture.






No comments: