Friday, December 29, 2023

Sickness

 We are doing our usual "someone gets sick and then passes it around the family" thing. I have it now. Yesterday was pretty bad and I was thinking maybe bronchotis. Today is better and while I still don't feel perky, and have a sore throat, I think I am on my way towards being Ok.


Why do colds have to take so long?


It isn't COVID at leaste; three of us checked and all were negative.


I was thinking recently about how one sign of being comfortable with our money situation is I don't hesitate to buy COVID tests and use them with reckless abandon whenever we are sick :-).


If we do get COVID (again) I want to know.


Kevin's mom is heading to Texas tomorrow along with Kevin's sister for a visit. Kevin's mom is doing well after surgery on her arm. It really is a gift from God how much has changed medically in the last hundred, fifty, twenty, and ten years. The surgery was outpatient, in and out, and will result in a much improved outcome.

It is annoying being sick over the holidays but life happens. Also, we didn't have any medical appointments this week so that is actually kind of helpful.




No comments: