Thursday, March 28, 2024

Last Week of March


We had some deer visit our back three acres last night! That is actually pretty rare.

Ok, what a week! Like exhausting and some good and some bad and all of it a little stressful. 

Let's start with the bad -- our poor Moonbeam is sick.


He came to us as a stray kitten a decade ago so he is pretty old for an outdoor cat. He developed some upper respiratory infection and I took him to the vet a couple of days ago. Mostly it is viral though we are giving him antibiotics and we have other stuff to try to help him feel better.

I think he is improving. I just saw him eat/drink some watered down tuna so that is a good sign.

It has been stressful, of course. Ever since we moved here, we have rescued/been adopted by various stray cats. We love them but they are not as high a priority as the kids, of course. It has been a balance to know how much money to spend on a cat. Anyway. He is doing better I think and that is wonderful.

So great news, but also stressful -- Miriam found an IT job! She has been hired to do computer support for a company here in Dayton. It is all very good but there is a ton of work that has to be done for it; filling out paperwork and getting fingerprints and all that. She won't start for awhile because she has to have some background check stuff done first by the company.

Joseph also seems to have a job! He is also pursuing an IT job but for now he is training at a sit down restaurant as a waiter. It is surprisingly exhaustive training. He has been at it all week.

So having two kids get jobs is very exciting but there has been a ton of running around and filling out paperwork. Again, good good good. Just lots of work.

It is Holy Week when Christians celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yes, we celebrate his death because He died as a sacrifice to pay for our sins on the cross.

It is an important week for sure but life is life and there has been a ton going on. Also, I am not someone who gets really excited about holidays. I do think they are important. In the Old Testament, God directed the Isrealites to have a bunch of holidays to remember his blessing through the harvest, and the escape from Egypt.

I think since I have so many children, that holidays are not relaxing for me. That is less true now as the children are older, though. But sometimes my brain is still stuck in "I have all these little kids and we need to cook a feast and have an Easter egg hunt and I am tired" mode.

Anyway. I am so incredibly grateful to Jesus for dying on the cross and saving my soul. I have had a really busy week and have not contemplated Palm Sunday, and the events of Holy Week, much.

That is the awesome thing about salvation through faith in Christ. He loves me and I can and do rejoice in my relationship with Him during calm weeks and very busy weeks.

Also, we are very grateful and happy that two of the children have jobs.








 

No comments: