Thursday, November 21, 2019

This Week...

So other than the birthday this week, which was significant, this week was also notable in that we had lots of socialization!

We had neighbor kids over today for video game time, and right now our neighbor (bless her heart) is hosting a movie night for 6 of our children.  And 6 of hers.  It is so delightfully quiet in the house right now.  It is no doubt a madhouse next door.

We also had a dear friend's youngest son visiting for parts of 2 days this week. He is close to Sarah and Daniel's ages and they adored having him over!

Thanksgiving is next week and then comes the slow, inexorable march towards Christmas.  It always feels like a super busy time of year in spite of the fact that we really do NOT do a lot for Christmas compared to many families. But we do have those 3 birthdays at the end of the year. And Christmas :-).


I love Trader Joe's soy creamer and it has been out of stock for several weeks. This week I called and yes, they had it and yes I got (wait for it!) 19 containers.

19.

Saturday I am taking Isaac to an intro to engineering thing at local Wright State University.  I hope it'll be valuable and interesting.  WSU is a curious case; in some ways, it is not a great university for engineering because their lab facilities are not top notch.

But.

They are so close to the base that many faculty work with engineers on base, and many students have opportunities to intern at the base. So in that way, it is awesome.

Plus WSU is a relatively inexpensive state school which makes us happy.  So we'll see.  Isaac may end up there.

Mostly it has been a busy and good week but I admit right now, I am incredibly thankful that most of the kids are next door because I'm a little peopled out.  Those people are my people and I adore them to the moon and back, but sometimes they are noisy :-).

But I love them. A lot.

No comments: