Monday, December 16, 2019

Life



I'm rather snooty where Star Wars is concerned. I love the Original Trilogy. I thought the Prequel Trilogy was Ok though I despised Jar Jar Binks.  Oh my, terrible.

I loathe the current trilogy, whose final film is coming out in four days.  I'm Ok with people liking the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. I just don't.

Anyway, Disney is producing a show called the Mandalorian and Kevin and I are thoroughly enjoying it.  This is a surprise since Disney is responsible for the horror that is the Last Jedi.  (I wasn't thrilled with The Force Awakens but it was Ok.  The Last Jedi?  Yuck.  Urgh. Ack.  Hack.)

The Mandalorian is well done and interesting but the really important person is not the Mandalorian himself, but The Child, also known as the thoroughly adorable Baby Yoda!

Not really Baby Yoda.  It is a child from Yoda's species.  It is so cute.  Oh my.

The pic above is a little Baby Yoda plushie made by, you guessed it, Lydia. That girl has serious skills.



Lydia also does a good job making sugar cookies.


It snowed.  Now it is snowing again. Maybe we'll get some ice tonight as well.  Yeah, the weather is dicey.  Good night to stay home.


Don't even ask me why this girl is wearing sunglasses at the breakfast table.


She's not really asleep. She's pretending to sleep.  Because what kind of self respecting 5 year old sleeps during the day??


This picture represents a triumph.  Sarah and Daniel are good readers but they just want to read Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes and Smurf books.  Oh, they like PJ Masks books as well.  However, I wanted them to read something different.  So I returned most of the comic books and got a whole bunch of factoid books.  For a few days, they held firm but today both Daniel and Sarah are eagerly reading the books and reading them out loud to me.  

I'm tuning them out right now so that I can type and make sense at the same time.

I am glad they are reading something different.




No comments: