Friday, May 7, 2021

Gratitude

 God keeps hammering away on my attitude about medical stuff and sheer busyness.  This last week was supposed to be mellow, but Sarah needed a trip to the doctor on Wednesday after hurting her foot (it is just a sprain, praise the Lord!) and then a trip to the orthodontist on Thursday to have her fitted for a new retainer after the last one broke.


Isaac is working 4 days this week and Kevin has been busy so I've been running him back and forth.


BUT but but but but...


We can take our kids to doctors and orthodontists. We have reliable cars. We have healthy kids!  What a blessing!!!

My cousin's daughter is making major strides which is such a relief; this is the young lady who was in a fearsome car crash.  It is wonderful reading about her healing and steps forward, but it is also a reminder that having healthy children is not to be taken for granted!

Kevin and I are going to visit St. Croix in the next month for a vacation, which will be exciting and wonderful!  And then Kevin will be transitioning to a new job at work, which is exciting and a little intimidating.


Oh, I have not regretted ONCE quitting my own job on base; it was a great job, but having one less thing on my plate is a relief!

I decided that this week is the last week of normal school for the year.  Miriam and Angela will just take the next few months off. They are very creative, read a lot, write stories for fun, and do a lot of art.  Joseph and I will keep working on math, and I will work with Rose on reading.  I also intend to work with Sarah and Daniel on math.

One thing about only teaching my own kids is that I don't know what is 'normal' where math ability is concerned.  Joseph seems to struggle with math, but maybe he is just normal?  Kevin and I both are very gifted with math, and some of the other kids are gifted as well. Lydia wasn't a fan though she did fine.  There is nothing wrong with struggling. I think struggling to learn in a certain area can be really good for a person.  

I struggle with spatial issues; I have trouble visualizing things in three dimensions. I think that is partly why genes and alleles are so confusing to me.


Anyway, I am rambling. And I need to feed my kids. And I am grateful for food.

No comments: