Saturday, January 29, 2022

A1c

 


I have diabetes.  Every six months, I go in for an A1c check, which is a roughly 3 month average of my blood sugar levels.

I find that getting a higher A1c number helps me be better about eating well, so I shelled out $75 or so to Amazon and purchased a kit for testing A1c.  It has 4 tests total so only $20 apiece, which isn't bad.

Last night I managed to test myself successfully (after watching a video online) and came up with A1c= 5.6!

Yeah!

My last one was 5.9 so according to this, I have come down a bit.

I work so hard on this stupid diabetes. So stinking hard.  This encourages me to keep avoiding wheat and white rice, and to keep exercising at least some, even though I am not too enthused about exercise.

Thankful and proud today!

No comments: