Tuesday, January 18, 2022

This Week



Lydia had a friend visiting from California for a couple of weeks. We had a good-bye pizza party for her.  


Jet adored my fuzzy robe as a baby.  He still loves to suck on it and knead it with his now fairly big paws.  A couple of days ago, he managed to squeeze his large body into the sleeve, where he crouched for a good half hour, just enjoying the coziness. This is him squirting out the end!


There was a major winter storm that hit south and east of here. And I guess west as well. Anyway, we just got the northern fringe of it. The children were very excited to have some snow to play in!  


It is beautiful.  You can see we didn't get a ton of snow.


In other news, I was pretty sick on Sunday.  I was very tired, had a sore throat, and a headache.  I have several friends who have gotten COVID twice now so naturally it occurred to me that I might have Omnicron.  Yesterday I felt better and today I feel better still, so if I DID have another bout, it was super mild. Probably it was just some stupid virus that wasn't COVID.  


Kevin made plans for us to go to St. Croix in a few months.  Yeah!  We will have fun. This summer is our 25th wedding anniversary which is frankly CRAZY!  Hard to believe!

Isaac and Joseph are back in the saddle of taking college classes.  Isaac has quite a heavy load of engineering courses.

Lydia spent the last month or so without a job.  She currently has a short term, well paying nannying job and is also interviewing for other positions.  It is hard as a parent not to worry about my offspring who need to earn money, but I keep TRYING to give it all to the Lord.  We would never let Lydia starve, of course.  She is smart, a hard worker and very young still; she has to figure out exactly what she wants to do full time.  Life rarely provides a straight path forward and I am getting better at embracing that reality.



No comments: