Saturday, July 16, 2022

Decluttering Frenzy

 So I am in the middle of my annual decluttering frenzy.  I know people do this in different ways. Some people toil away faithfully through the year getting rid of excess stuff.  I just get an urge, and have the time, and dive in.


So our secret room was a huge mess.  Secret room is a funny name, I know.  It is really a tornado shelter which we've made into a store room, but it is kind of in a funny place so we call it the secret room though it is no secret.

We also call the little room between the master bedroom and the master bath the "sewing room" even though I don't sew there.  What can I say? We are weird sometimes.


Anyway...



That is how it looked.  Yes, that is BAD.

I started pulling things out and organizing and tossing and this is how it looks today.





I hope it is obvious that it is much, much better.  

I am actually really good at tossing things, to the point that sometimes my kids are horrified.  But I am also busy, and every time I start organizing, things get messier outside the secret room. So I need to have time and sufficient determination.


I am not sure about our ice cream maker. I pretty much want to get rid of it because it takes up space and we haven't used it in years.  But I will talk to Kevin and see what he feels about it.

One nice thing about the frenzy is uncovering some old pictures and stamp albums. It has been fun going through them.

No comments: