Saturday, July 23, 2022

I Love Jesus

 Life is very busy for us for obvious reasons.  Kids, and cooking, and housework, and errands, and Kevin's job, and exercise, and sleep, and so on and so forth...

It is easy for me to lose perspective.

 I am a devout, enthusiastic, committed evangelical Christian and have been for many years.  


Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Lord.  I believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and grew up fully human, even as he is fully God.


I believe that I am a sinner, whose sins are so great that I cannot enter Heaven based on my own merits.

I believe Jesus voluntarily went to the cross and died a terrible death as a sacrifice for my sins.

I believe that I am saved by the shed blood of Christ, not because of my own "goodness".

I have many things to do in life that are my job.  I need to be a good wife and a good mother.  I need to be faithful in completing my tasks.  They are important.

But I also have to remind myself, often, that the most important things in life are spiritual.

Mark 8:36

What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

I pray a lot for wisdom.  A lot a lot a lot. It is so easy to get swayed by the busyness of life, or by personal preference, to not do what God really wants me to do. Maybe I'm unusual in that way.  I don't know.

I do know that I love projects and I love completing projects but people are more important, especially the people God has entrusted to me -- Kevin, my husband, and the nine children, who need me.

I love you, Lord  Jesus.  Continue to give me wisdom and strength to do what you want me to do.


No comments: