Petey the Pigeon got to spend two full days in the sun room this last week. You can see him at the far left of the picture. The weather cooled down so our sun room was not too hot. He had a fabulous time. He got to fly all over.
The younger girls spent a lot of time hanging out with him, doing school and just being friends. He never excretes on top of us, which is good. We have disposable table cloths protecting the hot tub, and newspapers on his favorite perches.
Now it is hotter again and our sun room is too warm for him, and he is back in his cage. He is noticeably better at flying than he was back when we first got him.
I am tired today. Last night there was a lunar eclipse and the skies were delightfully clear. The three younger kids all stayed up until around midnight to watch it. I loved that they could do that and then sleep in this morning!
I stayed up too. It was awesome. I love eclipses.
This week, Kevin spent hours and hours editing the last book I finished. I took over food shopping and prep for the week (he usually manages all that). On Wednesday, Lydia had to take her car in for some work, and I ended up driving her to work and then picked up her car later and picked her up at work. I don't mind at all, and am glad that my young adult kids have parents and sibs who can help out when things like this happen.
It does feel like a busy week though. It is easy to forget how much work it is to care for kids and house and home when Kevin has been doing so much of the work for the last few years. I am grateful to and for him!
We have a very hot few days coming, but September will be upon us soon, which means that the nights are closing in on 12 hours long, and the pool is going to get cold, and the leaves will turn, and all that.
I will not have to worry about chiggers soon! I have not had a chigger bite in two years, but it didn't just happen. I take twice daily showers.

No comments:
Post a Comment