Saturday, December 15, 2012

Our 3 Boys


This is a picture from this morning, when Daniel joined our 2 older boys on the couch.

You would think that since Daniel is almost 7 months old, I'd be blase about having him around. But I'm not.  I still find myself surprised that we are blessed to have him in our lives.

I never said this before on my blog, but 5 or 6 weeks into his pregnancy I was 95% sure I was miscarrying.  I started bleeding one day, and the bleeding was moderately heavy.  I have been pregnant 12 times in my life and have had bleeding with 10 of those pregnancies, so bleeding for me  isn't a definite sign of a miscarriage.  But...I was 41 years old at the time, I had a recent history of miscarriage, and things didn't look good. I went to bed that night almost certain we had lost him.

I woke up the next morning and the bleeding had gotten lighter, and by the end of the day nothing was happening.  The pregnancy continued, we heard a healthy heartbeat at the 10 week appointment, and a 13 week ultrasound showed a very healthy little guy wiggling around in there.  He was born at 39 weeks by C-section and was an impressive 7 lb, 4 oz -- our biggest baby ever.

 I think having 4 miscarriages in the last 6 years has shown me with special clarity that a healthy pregnancy is not to be taken lightly.  For a baby to form and grow from a few cells into a full term baby is a bona fide miracle.

Every one of our children is a special gift. I am so thankful to God for all of them.

No comments: