Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update

You'd think our sweethearts would be better by now, and most of them are.  Lydia, however, has been coughing and hacking and generally not sounding good.  I finally took her into the doctor yesterday and the doc diagnosed a prolonged asthma attack/problem.  So she is on steroids and using her inhaler frequently.  It seems her lungs are inflamed and unhappy, and so it is taking her quite a while to get over this.

All this is annoying, but I had a very sad reality check on Monday evening.  It had been a challenging day as I was tired, had had 2 bad nosebleeds, and needed to run around to 2 doctor's appointments that day which added to me feeling frazzled.  I was reading Facebook at the end of the day and got the devastating news that a friend's grandson died in surgery that day.  He was born with some serious medical problems and was having surgery to begin correcting them.  I don't know the details and I don't need to, but dear Baby C died in surgery.

I was reminded once again how easy it is for me to take basic things for granted, like the health and life of my precious kids.  I really cannot fathom how hard this is for the little one's family.  It was an absolutely necessary surgery so they don't need to question whether he should have had it or not.  But to lose him.  To lose him.  His grandmother is a very gifted photographer and while I never met this little guy in person, the pictures of him melted my heart and made me love him from afar.  So I'm doing a lot of praying for the family.  I know the baby is with the Lord, but those left behind will mourn until they are reunited with him in Heaven.

No comments: