Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tired...

I feel quite worn out today, somewhat physically, but more emotionally.

It has been a HARD few weeks with Kevin's grandmother dying and all the associated struggle.  Kevin's mom has a ton of work to do plus she is the one most affected. Her life has changed so much!

Then on Monday, we got news that a close friend of Kevin's at work experienced a monumental tragedy last week.  He was away on a business trip and came home on Thursday to find his wife of 20+ years dead in their home from a fall.  It was truly a freak accident and we are heartbroken for him.

Another friend's husband has been struggling with heart issues and was taken to the hospital for yet another admittance last night.  The doctors don't seem to know what is going on, but any problem with a heart is scary stuff.

I guess I'm just feeling weighed down by how hard life can be sometimes.  I am so thankful for the Lord Jesus, who does give me strength when my own strength is at an ebb. 

Perhaps it would help to write out some of my many blessings.  I think it would. So here goes...

1.  I am thankful for the LORD and His constant, unceasing care and work in our lives.
2. I'm thankful for Kevin.
3.  I'm thankful for our wonderful children.
4.  I'm thankful that a little illness that visited us this week has stayed quite little.  The 2 babies have had a cold with a small amount of coughing, but it could be a lot worse.
5.  I am thankful for our country. When I'm feeling weighed down, it is easy for me to focus on what is WRONG in our country -- and plenty of things are wrong.  But as our 9 year old son said, we live in a place where we do have freedom to work where we want, marry whom we want, read the Bible, pray out loud, go to church, have as many children as we decide to have.  All of those things are blessings that are NOT shared by everyone in this world.
6.  I am thankful for financial stability.  I went off to Trader Joe's this week and bought $70 worth of low carb bread and Trader Joe's chocolate.  $70!  That really sounds CRAZY but we can do it because have the money to do it.  (That should last me quite a while!)

   Well, there are many more things I'm thankful for, but our 3 year old needs me to get her up.

No comments: