Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Our Little Man


Sometimes Daniel's totally silly sisters stick a fake mustache on his face.  He didn't like it.


Our little man is about 20 months old now.  With the news that the latest baby is a girl, he is the only boy in the last 5/9ths of the birth order.  So our family is as follows:  2 girls first, then 2 boys, then 3 girls, than a boy, then a girl.

I admit I felt a little disappointed, for Daniel's sake, that this one is a girl.  Now don't get me wrong. I adore girls and adore HER.  She is a blessing and I know Daniel will enjoy having 2 sisters relatively close in age.

Thinking it over, I have found the early years easier with my girls.  I love all of them (I keep saying that) but it is true that potty training has been harder with the boys, and they tend to be more daring.  Daniel is so rambunctious it is scary sometimes. The last couple of days, the "climbing" bug has hit him hard.  He hasn't gotten hurt by the grace of God, but it IS the grace of God.  His big siblings found him balancing on a table in our study, and yesterday he climbed onto a chair, and then onto the arm of the chair, and fell off.  I was there to grab his shirt and cushion the fall, but he didn't like it.

The gate above is a fine baby gate that closes off our family room and entry room so we can keep Daniel in a safe place.  The bungie cord is because yes, our boy has figured out how to open the gate!  But he can't get past the bungie cord.  Yet.

Sometimes I wonder how we will be able to keep our little people safe and have concluded partially it has to be prayer that keeps them safe.  Yes, we work diligently to remove danger spots in the home, but with 8 kids roaming and doors opening and shutting...well, Daniel does get loose sometimes. So far, no serious injuries at all.  Again, praise God.

No comments: