Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This Week in Pictures

My parents came to visit last week.  They kindly took our kids to the Boonshoft Museum extension near us, which is in a mall.  I don't have pictures yet but apparently it was TONS of fun. We may try to go there again when the baby is old enough.  One huge advantage over the normal Boonshoft is that the extension is only on one level, so the adult(s) can easily keep track of kids.  The normal Boonshoft has one glorious spot with ladders and climbing ropes and slides that spread over 3 levels. It is a nightmare to keep track of kids there, though the kids love it.

My mother made dresses and shirts for all the kids!  Even Oholimibah.  (That is my parents pet name for the baby I am carrying. We won't really name her that!)  Doesn't Sarah look adorable?  My parents got the fabric in Hawaii, when they visited my brother.



Here is Daniel in his shirt.  Isn't he a cutie?  He is also a climber.  Not even 2, and climbing on our play towers with ease. 


We've had a cool spring but this morning the temperatures were lovely. All 8 kids were out and about, playing happily.  It is supposed to hit the lower 80's this afternoon.

 
I sent the kids around the path in our back 3 acres, and asked Naomi to take pictures.  Spring is fantastic, and I love spring flowers.
 
 
My brother and his wife had their first child, a son, at the beginning of the year.   I had already given them my boy clothes for a little baby, but their son is growing fast and needs new clothing.   I went through my clothing tubs yesterday and discovered that my 6 to 12 month clothing for babies is almost exclusively MALE.  So I'm going to box it all up and send it off.  I am Ok with putting a little girl in blue, but I prefer to avoid trucks and planes and very "boyish" clothes and all these seemed gender specific to a boy. That means I'll need to acquire girl clothes for our little lady when she is bigger -- I have enough newborn stuff -- but I know from past experience that friends will give us some and we can buy other items from Once Upon a Child.  It'll be fine.


I am including this picture because I think it is funny.  Daniel (who yes, is wearing a girlish sleepy outfit) is displaying a remarkable capacity for eating whole apples. My other young kids have insisted for YEARS that apples must be cut up "just so" for them to eat them.  Daniel has started pushing a chair over to the fruit bowl and helping himself to an apple, which he then eats while marching around the house. I am not thrilled with that and lately have been sending him to the table. But still...look at how well he has munched into that apple!

In other news, I've had a pretty good week physically with the pregnancy.  Kevin and the kids have been ill with a virus.  Mostly the kids have runny noses and headaches.  I think I got a touch of it too.  I had a bad ankle for a couple of days, and suspect I tweaked it somehow and the pain was more than usual due to the virus.  I have been tired but have not had many contractions.  My blood sugars have been good.  So I'm very happy with how things are going.  Mid June is the current plan on delivering the baby.

Oh...names.  We don't have a name picked out. I suggested again to Kevin we should work on a name and his idea yesterday was Georgie Winifred.  Hmmmm....(he was joking -- that does not fit the Biblical model with the other girls.)

No comments: