Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Update

Ugh, I am so tired today. I hope I don't have a minor virus or something. I have an aching shoulder and like I said, feel ready to fall over. Today I have a follow up doctor appointment with my OB so may not get a nap, which is intimidating, but I'll survive.  Better yet, I can come home and plonk kids in front of a video and sleep...THAT sounds good :-).

Baby Rose is almost a month old and doing very well. She is so cute!  I find it amusing that some of her biggest accomplishments (from my perspective) have to do with digestion.  She is eating well. Check. She usually passes gas well, which is important to keep her comfortable.  She has a bowel movement many times a day.  That is also helpful in showing me she is eating well, plus she is happier when she "gets it out."  One funny thing is that most of my babies go from lots of BM's a day, to less than one a day, at a couple of months of age.  Some of my kids have gone 4 or 5 days without a BM and then...well, you can imagine the mess when finally it all lets loose.  It is perfectly healthy in a breastfed baby, and a sign of a maturing digestive system. I guess.

We had a death in my extended family this week.  My great-uncle Francis, who lived for 98 years, died a few days ago.  He was the last of his siblings to die.  He obviously lived a good, long life but it is still hard to say good-bye to a loved one. His wife is now a widow, and I am grieved for her.  Francis was a kind, gentle man and he will be greatly missed.

I was sad I couldn't go to his memorial service.  It was held about 7 hours drive from here and since I'm a month out from the C-section, I just couldn't make the drive.  My brother, my parents, and all my father's cousins were there.  So that was good.

I think that about updates our lives.

No comments: