Friday, May 29, 2015

This Week




Friday here.  I'm tired.  Rose looks happy in the picture, and she was, but she's been a little cranky. I know she's had the resident illness, though not too badly.

Kevin went in to work every day this week and worked hard, but was super tired when he got home. We hope he's turned a corner.

Naomi and Lydia have both been feeling sick. Lydia also smashed her toe against a chair.  We have buddy taped it to another toe to provide support.

Isaac was tearing around the house recklessly a few days ago and fell hard on his left arm.  I was afraid it might be broken but he is much better, so I think he is Ok.

But let's just think about that, shall we?  Naomi and Lydia and Kevin, sick.  Lydia and Isaac, injured.  

Me, last woman standing.  (To be clear, Kevin and the big kids have been contributing to the household work, but not as much as usual.)

So yes, I'm tired because the kids are still needy and indeed needier than usual (thanks to illness) so I've been very busy.

But that's Ok.

In the interests of staying sane, I made it a supremely light week for school.

Yesterday, Lydia pulled out this:


She made this mailbox a few years ago.  I kept threatening to throw it out, and she kept saying she'd use it again, and she did!

So it has a little rectangular hole on one end, and the middle kids spent much of yesterday writing notes to each other, putting it in the mailbox, and having it delivered on the hour.

Many of the letters were wonderfully creative, like this one:


I believe several notes preceded this one, so I'm not sure who the enemy is, what they are doing, etc.  But I thought the letter was wonderful.

So...no OFFICIAL school BUT the children are writing letters and drawing maps and generally practicing literary skills. Sounds like a win win to me!

In other exciting news, I found an online driver's ed course on sale, and bought it, and Naomi is working on it.  Our girl is almost 15 and a half, so almost old enough to get her temps.  Wow.  The time has flown by.  We need to find a driver's ed course for the driving portion soon. Ohio requires that students get ...12 hours, I think, of instruction from an official driver's ed instructor.

I'm tired.  Oh, I said that already.



No comments: