Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rosie Ate a Marble


  Yesterday morning, our sweet Miss Squishy found a stainless steel marble, popped it in her mouth, and swallowed it.  Witness: her eldest sister.

  I nearly freaked as I thought said marble was magnetic.  Furthermore, Sarah had brought down a bunch of stainless steel marbles (I had TRIED to keep them upstairs in one of the bedrooms) and there was a chance she had eaten more than 1.  2 or more magnetized items are very dangerous as they can block off the intestines.

 So I had Rose loaded up in the car, to take her to the ER, when Kevin figured out the marbles were not magnetized.  They do stick to magnetized objects, but are not actually permanently magnetic.

 So a quick google search later, we decided we could wait it out. The marble(s) is/are small and round and should go right through her.

  I am going to check and make sure it does.

  The joys of motherhood.

  She has been happy and smiley most of the last 36 hours (since the great Marble Event) so it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all.

  I'm very glad she's Ok.

No comments: