Thursday, June 11, 2015

King's Island Day

Last Sunday was that most exciting of yearly events, King's Island Day!

So what is KI Day, you ask?  Well, as loyal blog readers  know, I work very part time.  My company, incredibly enough, pays for ALL employees and their families to go to King's Island one day a year.  June 7th was the big day this year.


    Our Big Six.  Picture taken by me, which means I was there for the first time in 4 years.  Explanations on that later...






The famous Viking Fury.  I am guessing you intuitively understand the point of this ride.  It swings up on both sides.  The kids mostly love it (Joseph bowed out) and it totally freaks me out.  It has a strange feel to it.


Lunch was La Rosa's pizza.


Naomi took Miriam and Angela on this roller coaster.  You have, of course, noticed the orange shirts. We've found that wearing matching, bright shirts is an ENORMOUS help in keeping track of everyone.


This is a little coaster that is surprisingly fun.


This is the Woodstock Express, an old wooden roller coaster.  I have been to King's Island a few times, and the park has never been emptier.  Probably June 7th coincided with a lot of graduation parties. We went on this coaster 3 times in a row and there was no line at all. It was so fun.

So, where was Kevin?  

He was home, watching our younger 3 children.

Where was Kevin's mom?  (She usually comes  to KI too.)

Well, sigh, she was home helping with the younger 3 kids as well.

Kevin has been quite sick.  He is mostly better now, but the weekend was awful and he basically got NO sleep on Saturday night due to coughing.

Kevin's mom very kindly gave up her day at KI so she could help with the 3 littles.  I took the six bigs.

I haven't been to King's Island in 4 years.  Last year, I had a new baby. The year before, I was sick.  The year before that, I had a new baby. The year before that, we all went when Sarah was a baby.  So it has been awhile, obviously. I was nervous about how it would go as I had to find the place by myself (though I had GPS) and had to keep track of 6 kids in a LARGE amusement park.

We ended up having a FANTASTIC day.  The weather was great, the lines were short, and all was lovely in the world.

And here is another amazing thing. I was not stressed out watching 6 kids in an amusement park.

Because...they are all big(gish).  Yes, Angela is not yet 8, but 7 is WAY more mature than 3 or 4 or 1.

I have been down on myself many a time because I find it hard to drive places with our whole brood. This is partially a personality thing, but really -- a lot of it is that we have a lot of kids and 3 of them are small.

So yeah, it was really nice at KI and I did just fine with six children. Kevin said home was pretty peaceful too, with 3 small children and 2 adults.  Kevin got a couple of naps in, which was a HUGE help.

In the middle of the day, 2 of our littles broke out in fevers though that mostly made them tired (and whiny, let's not forget whiny.)

So, KI Day is over for the year.  It was great fun and I am thankful, once again, to my company.



No comments: